Friday, January 13, 2017

Lately



Wednesday, I went to have coffee with Josh, an old college friend. Perhaps I should write "Wednesday, I went to have coffee with the one friend I still have from college".  It's almost true, though I have Jenny too!

Anyways, it was great to see Josh. He lives only half an hour away (by foot, as that is how I measure distances, like the medieval peasant I often identify with), but I hadn't seen him for over a year as that's very often how life works once you have kids. Plans have gotten cancelled because of lice, fevers and yes, my half year stint on another continent. 

Anyways, he's a great writer and will soon have a new book out. Besides that he also writes stories for various publications.

Here's a great article he wrote recently, about a crack addict who dreamt big and went even bigger - coming up with the perfect pillow. This is my favorite quote:


---
the pic above has nothing to do with any of this, it's just a view the medieval peasant saw on her way to meet her old friend.