Thursday, August 11, 2016

What happened at the outlet

So I was in Italy with a bunch of friends and their kids. Our friends love outlets, I love an outing. So I came with on an outlet outing.

With limited funds and a clumsy disposition, expensive clothes are kind of never a good idea for me. But then Vanja fell head over heels in love with a pair of Stella McCartney jeans and I found a yellow Ferragamo dress.

I told Vanja: We're not buying any of this, we can't afford it and we're too clumsy.

But then I checked my e-mail and there was a mail saying I would get a refund for the ticket I bought when the airline cancelled my flight a few hours prior to departure and offered me a new one two full days later. Would not have been a big issue except for the fact that my dad was so very, very ill at the time.

NOW THE AIRLINE HAD TO PAY UP, BECAUSE THEY WERE IN THE WRONG.
the amount was almost exactly equal to the sum of jeans and dress.

and so it happened that half a year later, at least something good came out of a horrible day.

I SAID YES TO THE DRESS. And to Vanja's jeans. Here's me in dress at the bookrelease of my third kid book.