Thursday, June 13, 2013

My beer commercial






















If I was in charge of making a beer commercial it would feature one tired female.

We hear her stomach growling. She sighs.  Her house is a mess, the kind of mess you have on a daily basis even if you're a tidy person because that's just life when you live with a family. We understand her whole family is sleeping.

She starts to tidy up. Picks up a magazine off the floor. Stomach growls again.

She walks to the fridge, gets a beer out. It's a Corona. Magazine and beer in hand she throws herself down on the couch.

Voice over (don't know if it's a man or woman's voice? Perhaps a plethora of voices?
No, just one voice. Likely a woman's.).

The voice says:

"We don't think it's a great idea to have a beer instead of a meal. But if you do, and we know you do, then at least treat yourself to a great one. Corona."

Ps.
Mom, if you're reading this, I will eat real food too. Just postponing making dinner for myself while thinking of beer and commercials.

Ps 2. Mom, I'm a grrrrrown woman. I can do whatever I like. Getting a second beer now. With some cheese. And saltines. And then some kind of chocolate for dessert.