Saturday, September 15, 2012

On running with John Legend

Went running with John "I can't help it, I have to write another song about men who cheat" Legend today and it was awesome. The music is so great but the lyrics? Why are so many about two-timing?

Best of all though was Kanye's stint on Number One:

I suppose you was told by them hoes I was cheatin'
Thinkin' my heart don't got nothing to do with my penis
He got a mind of his own and he just be seeing shit
And I don't wanna cheat but I don't be saying shit
I try to jack off he ask me who is you playin' wit?
But I know he love you he told me you was his favorite

A man and his penis having a discussion, it's touching in a way (I try to jack off and am interrupted by my inquisitive penis, so annoying)  but in so many other ways NO.

I try to imagine having this conversation with a man I love:

Me: I know you're cheating on me!

Him: Well, yes baby, but I had a talk with my penis and he said you were his favorite!


MY PENIS TOLD ME YOU WAS HIS FAVORITE!

WOMEN IF THIS EVER HAPPENS TO YOU:


RUN!!! RUN!!! RUN!!! (If you like, run run run to the tunes of John Legend)

I'm dreaming of women singing
"My heart's got nothing to do with my va-jay-jay."
The day when women will get to sing lines like this will be a DAY I CHERISH.
The day when there's a real synonym for male hoe will be a DAY I CHERISH.
Or rather, the day when the word hoe is not used anymore will be a DAY I CHERISH.