Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dear readers, read with me.


















Last year, I declared I would quit quitting halfways  - no more books read only halfway, unfinished knitting, big ideas never to be fulfilled. 

That didn't happen. 

My mom, the psychiatrist said "of course not. your resolution was too fuzzy. The subconscious doesn't understand negations". 

So this year, my resolution is simple: To complete. 
And so I invite you to join me as I vow to finish reading the above 3 books I've been meaning to read forever. 

Lolita. Because only aging women like me (us) are as interested in the state of perfect nymphettes as is Humbert Humbert. Though you all know, that if I do have fire in my loins, it's not caused by a Lolita but by Acne.

Pushkin's Button. Duels, balls, poets, beauty. And it's all real! 

Woman of Rome. Because if you're like me, you want to know more about Elsa Morante. 

are you with me, subconscious? is this clear enough to you?Compute: COMPLETE.