Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dear family

It will be a different kind of Christmas this year. I don't have much money, so the gifts are of a different kind. 

The kids are getting various things I've traded for Christmas poems (see below). 
Other members of the family are getting red wine aquired in the same way. In the end, I made so much red wine I also traded a poem about a case of beer for a piece of Parmesan cheese. 

My gift for Anders was proof of my cheap nature. He's no longer much of a coffee drinker, but now prefers tea instead. A few years back, I bought a tea pot on eBay. No one else has ahd permission to use it, I would be so sad if it broke. But this year, it's Anders Christmas gift, given prematurely. He was so happy about it. So happy and humble. "Emi, I don't even have to own it, you know! Just give me the right to use it!"

He didn't return the favor by giving me something he bought years ago on eBay. Instead, he paid for the supreme winter hat I really wanted this year. 

Now all I want for Christmas is running gloves and a sleep-in. 
what are you wishing for?

-the end consumer