Monday, November 24, 2008

Dear Finnish girl - my better half






























Dear Finnish girl named Satu, I think you look like I would have at 17, had I not been unhappy in an unhappy haircut at that age.

People who know me, dont you think this lady is a younger, more beautiful, more Finnish version of me? Have you found your own better versions?

Sometimes I wonder if the birth of photography means we will find out that perhaps there's not an infinite number of looks, like DNA would suggest, but a finite number of appearances with minute differences.

-e

ps. just got off the phone with my mom. She took a quick look at the blog and said "did you buy a new coat?" MY OWN MOTHER. Then again, mothers often see the best in us. At least my mom does. I hope you have the same kind. I hear there are other mom types out there.