Monday, September 22, 2008

Dear Police office

I went to the police office today with 9-month old Niki today to get her a passport. You needed to take pics of her. This is how you did it:

First you put Niki in a childseat in front of the camera. Then you brought out a fishing rod made of bamboo. Only instead of a bait, there was a green plush dinosaur and a few strands of plastic beads in happy colours. You dangled the dino in front of my child and snapped the pic. I was so impressed by this unexpected level of creativity at the police station!

There were 12 booths, with 12 clerks. I had to ask if you all had a fishing rod each. You said "No. We all fight over it".

I forgot my camera at home. It was such a lovely scene. I thank you for bringing so much joy into my life. And to that of my child.

-the end consumer